Bremerton Pilots Association Memorial Scholarship
The Bremerton Pilots Association is offering a supplemental Scholarship for young men and women in the greater Kitsap Peninsula area who have the desire to obtain a Private Pilot License. This Scholarship is made possible through donations and fund raising activities by the Bremerton Pilots Association, the Port of Bremerton, and our many friends of aviation throughout the community
Applications are available on the Bremerton Pilots Association web site, or at the Port of Bremerton, located at the Bremerton National Airport. When completed, please return the application to:
Bremerton Pilots Association
Bremerton National Airport
8850 SW State Hwy 3
Port Orchard, WA 98367
Scholarships will provide financial assistance for flight training in increments of $500.00 to selected students striving to earn a Private Pilot License, and may be renewed subject to requirements on page 2 of the Scholarship application. Matching funds will be disbursed directly to Avian Flight Center upon verification of student attendance and achievement. In the event that a student leaves the flight school before expending the Scholarship funds, Avian Flight Center will return the remaining Scholarship funds to the Bremerton Pilots Association. Each qualifying and accepted applicant may receive a maximum of $3500.00 in matching funds. A request for funds beyond this amount will be determined on a case by case basis after a Scholarship Committee review
- Must be at least 16 and not over 20 years of age.
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher.
- Currently enrolled in or planning to enroll in flight training at Avian Flight Center.
- Complete attached Application form.
- Submit verification of completed aviation training and flight hours (if any).
- Submit verification of enrollment or acceptance at Avian Flight Center.
- Submit a copy of High School grade transcript.
CRITERIA CONSIDERED IN SELECTION PROCESS:
- Seriousness of purpose
- Demonstrated ability and capacity for continued development in aviation
- Current and past involvement in aviation related activities
- Letter(s) of achievement from teachers or instructors
- Scholastic achievement
- Community involvement
Applicants will be selected initially after a review by the Scholarship Committee and then personally interviewed by the Committee prior to final selection. Parents/Guardians (if applicable) are encouraged to attend the Scholarship Committee Interview.
- Submit verification of completed training and flight hours from Avian Flight Center.
- Show verification that you have invested at least matching funds.
- Provide a letter of progress from flight instructor or flight school chief flight instructor. Satisfactory progress must be maintained to qualify for additional funds.
- Submit current high school/college grade transcript.
DOWNLOADING THE APPLICATION FORM:
- Please click here to view and print the application form in PDF format.
- Fill it out and mail to the address indicated.
- Multi-Engine Rating
- Medical Requirements
- Lasergrade Testing
- Ground School
Avian Flight Center
8900 State Hwy 3 SW
Bremerton, WA 98312
Toll Free: 1-866-263-2359
Hours: 9AM - 5PM, M-Su,
Extended hours available with prior notice